Monday 21 April 2008

Parting of the ways

My agent emailed today and says he has realised he doesn't want to handle commercial women's fiction and that I probably need a female agent, so he has given me the boot. Now a host of possibilities present themselves. I can set up a website to sell my books through. I could sell through a company such as Mundania. Or I can try and find a new agent. I think I had better finish the book!

The title is The London Friend. I thought of the title first and wrote the book on the back of it, but the agent said this was a very boring title. However, it conveys exactly what the book is about - contrast between city and country living and the threat the friend from London poses to our heroine's peace of mind. What do YOU think of the title? Be honest. I can take it (I think...)

Just bought Duffy's Rockferry CD and love it. I saw Adele on the Jools Holland show and thought she was great and have bought her album, too. Adele has one of the most beautiful profiles I have ever seen, straight from a classical painting or sculpture. I hope she never decides to slim as she looks wonderful as she is. I am pushing at the boundary between sizes 14 and 16 so I think I shall have to cut down on the toast and home-made marmalade. Only five more jars to go.

3 comments:

Jackie Sayle said...

I must be psychic re your agent! LOL. Duffy's great, Adele's nice, too. Re Jools Holland - what do your think of Brandi Carlile? I like her mood and the rock guitar, but she can't seem to hold a tune. I'd like to like Kate Nash but her frequent swearing annoys me.

Jackie Sayle said...

Incidentally, you won't be giving up the homemade marmalade EVER if you do what I did last year and add a good slug of Other Half's Jameson's whiskey to it.

hydra said...

I haven't heard Brandi Carlile but I shall check her out. I made a jar of brandy marmalade and a jar of whisky and Mr G gave them away to his mates without even asking. Grrrrr!