Saturday 5 April 2008

Growth spurt

Whizzed into town and bought a juicer this morning, a £30 Kenwood with pictures of apples and carrots on the package, from which I deduced that it will do what I want it to do. I laughed when I read the instructions - 'do not mix fruit with vegetables as painful wind and bloating may occur'. I had been planning to throw some broccoli into the mix! Carrots and apples are OK, though, thank goodness. Wonder why they are the only fruit and veg that can safely be mixed, without endangering the waistband and the other passengers on the bus?

Worked especially hard on the book this afternoon. I have just begun Chapter Fifteen and realise I must quicken the pace as I have an awful lot to cram in before I reach the end.

Today's Word Total: 54,102.

PS. The horse I favoured, Mr Pointment, failed to win the Grand National so it's just as well I didn't get round to placing a bet!

No comments: