Thursday 17 April 2008

The end is in sight

I've beaten the 70,000 word barrier and the finishing line is in view. Yet instead of feeling cheered by the prospect of finishing the book, the opposite is happening. The problem is, when you finish, you have to say goodbye to your characters. It's like leaving a country and knowing you'll never be able to go back. They will have to carry on 'lives' independently of me. Unless I sell it and the publisher asks for a sequel. That would be the best luck ever!

4 comments:

Jackie Sayle said...

I know what you mean. Imagine how JKR must feel after living and breathing the world of Hogwarts for so many years!

The 'rule' is: when you finish one book, start on the next.

Easier said than done.

hydra said...

Have you ever written one? I'm sure you must be a writer too!

hydra said...

And thanks for the instructions on how to create links. I'll give it a go.

hydra said...

I've tried and tried to add those blog links, but it just won't work. I've given up now. Sorry!