Friday 4 April 2008

Gym jams

Went to the gym for the first time in two months (shame on me). There were recipes for healthy drinks on the wall. One consisted of liquidising carrots, apples and ginger. On the way home, I bought bumper bags of both, as I already had some ginger. I reached in the cupboard for Mr Grumper's Kenwood, only to be told that it wasn't a juicer and couldn't tackle my ingredients. I was gutted and had to make do with apple and grape juice out of a carton. So my task for tomorrow is to buy myself a proper juicer. Not a smoothie maker that will only tackle wimpish fruit like strawberries, but something with muscle and jaws, that can chomp carrots and pulverise pears.

With aching muscles, I sat down to try and write but the phone kept going. In the end I did a measly 1600 words.

So TODAY'S TOTAL = 51,555. (Is there any significance in all those 5s? I shall have to buy a lottery ticket tomorrow and put down every number with a five in it.)

2 comments:

Jackie Sayle said...

Hi again, Hydra. I bought a juicer from Lloyds Pharmacy for only £9.99.

http://tinyurl.com/3bx7ew

It's cheaper to go to the shop than getting in on line; no P&P.

I can't say how good it is because, although I bought it before Christmas (along with a TENS machine), I haven't used it yet. It comes with a small recipe book but, if you need more ideas, I've got a book full of recipes for juices and smoothies and I'd be happy to send you any you like the sound of.

Incidentally, I bought a very nice smoothie during the weekly shop at ASDA this week - Pineapple, Banana & Coconut from their ExtraSpecial range.

P.S. Did you see my comment about salt on your 'cramp' post?

hydra said...

Wish we had a Lloyds near here, but there isn't one. And thanks very much for the tip about using salt for cramp!

We have no ASDA near here, either. Shame. That smoothie sounded yummy!