Thursday 20 January 2011

Busy, busy, busy


Having such a busy week, I've scarcely had time to draw breath. Am off to Heathrow later to wave goodbye to my goddaughter and family who are returning to Vancouver. Will catch up with you all later. In the meantime, for the first time ever, every single bud on my orchid is in flower. Isn't it beautiful? Winter seems a strange time for it to be flowering, though - especially on a cold window sill in an unheated kitchen. Anyone know anything about orchids?

3 comments:

Teresa Ashby said...

It's gorgeous!
I know nothing about when orchids should flower I'm afraid.

Jackie Sayle said...

My Mum said they like cool conditions and not too much watering. Seems you've treated it right!

Perovskia said...

I've been putting off getting an orchid per them being temperamental to grow and my place can be cool in the winter (cold windows like you said). Hmm.. I may re-think this. It sure is pretty.