Wednesday 28 April 2010

House

I have found the perfect house. It's beautiful. Three bedrooms, no decorating to be done, a gorgeous garden with a water feature, and it's only ten minutes walk from the tube.

So what's the problem? Well, it's in the very place I'm trying to get away from. Uxbridge! And what's the point of having the perfect house if you have no friends to visit you in it? None of mine will make the journey to Uxbridge. I always have to trek out and see them. But in North London where they all live, I'd have to pay £325,000, which is the price of this house, for a one bed flat.

What am I going to do?

I could buy it as a temporary measure, so I can get all my stuff out of storage and sort it out, and clear my head whilst still being able to visit Mr G and Flad. Then I'd be back on the property ladder as prices seem to be soaring up again. Or I could continue to wait for that elusive property in North London to come my way. But I've been waiting so long that I don't think it ever will.

One thing's for sure. I can't stand camping out at Mr G's, not having a peaceful, warm study to work in and paying £200 per month for storage for very much longer...

5 comments:

Jackie Sayle said...

I'd go for it, if I were you.

Perovskia said...

You could. Nothing has to be "permanent". What about getting settled in this place (which may have more blessings than you can see right now), then if the right property comes along, could you rent out this place? To professionals? Students? etc. Sell the location. Just an option.

hydra said...

It's close to Brunel University so yes, I could always let it out. There are also some big companies nearby, such as Coca Cola, and Heathrow Airport, of course. Yes, I could buy it, rent it out and rent somewhere in the area I really want to live in!

Haz1558 said...

I'd buy the house and make new friends.

Jackie Sayle said...

I agree, Haz!