Saturday 3 April 2010

Apology

Sorry I've been so quiet on my blog lately. I have had loads of work in, all of which takes ages to do and pays peanuts but it's stuff I love doing - reading book manuscripts and writing helpful critiques. Considering that the agency pays according to the length of the manuscript, this can mean I get paid only £50 for a short one, but still have to write a 2500 word report and it can take two days to do, so I certainly won't get rich. But at my age, the chances of finding a 'proper job' are nil.

Woke in the night with a terrible sore throat and am taking L-lysine and Vitamin C, Dr John Briffa's recommended cure for any incipient colds or viruses. It works well so long as you take it early enough. It also boosts your immune system if you're coming down with a cold sore or any type of herpes. I'm sure I have mentioned it before, but it's worth mentioning again as time and again I have found the results (or rather, lack of them as I haven't gone on to develop the cold, flu or whatever) quite miraculous.

The author of a book I edited a couple of years ago rang me today to tell me she is sending me a copy of the printed work. I just looked on Amazon and couldn't find it, which is a shame, as it is self-published by Athena and putting it on Amazon for you is one of the services they offer. She says it's there, but I have keyed in her name in the Mind, Body, Spirit section, and nilch. Very odd. Still, when it comes I'll photograph the cover and write about here and on Facebook, because it is a truly amazing book that offers an entirely new way of looking at life, the universe and everything. In fact, she may even have discovered that elusive 'secret of life' that philosophers and mystics have searched for throughout the centuries.

No comments: