Sunday 17 January 2010

Spotty chest

Woke up this morning with ghastly stomach ache. Made a cup of tea and found my chest was itching intensely. I scratched and scratched, then went and looked and found, to my horror, that I had a pattern on it as if I'd worn a tight string vest. There were big, raised, white weals spread across my chest.

I'd been looking forward to going to a party at Soho House that my goddaughter was throwing this afternoon, but I didn't feel up to it and besides, I couldn't bear having to put warm clothes on top of my itchy chest. So I stayed in reading the papers and feeling sorry for myself and hoping my goddaughter would forgive me. I have put some E45 Itch Relief cream on and that has worked very well. I can only think it is an allergy to something or other. I ate some ginger-flavoured licorice last night. Could that be the culprit? I also used some new moisturing lotion, but I smeared that all over my arms and legs as well and they show no signs of a rash. Very, very strange...

2 comments:

Perovskia said...

I have an intolerance to nutmeg. Perhaps nutmeg was in the cookies?

hydra said...

I'm OK with nutmeg, but it must have been something...