Thursday 28 January 2010

House search latest

I had to bow out of the bungalow. Not only were they pushing for another five thousand which I didn't have but as I came out after my second viewing, I remarked to the agent that it would be a good idea to pave the side path. Which is when I noticed why the present owner hadn't paved it. A big, knobbly tree root was growing across it. The tree itself was on the other side of the fence, in the grounds of a block of flats and only about five feet from the house. Tree roots spell structural trouble in my book, so I said no and my search is on again.

To add to my woes, I have toothache in a new tooth. Someone up there certainly has it in for me.

1 comment:

Jackie Sayle said...

The tree root would have put me off, too. Our neighbour, The Man With The Fir Trees, has a line of huge old Leylandii 4' from the side of our house. The roots have been troublesome on a few occasions.