Thursday 21 January 2010

House-buying trials

After months of searching, I finally find a house I like. I tell the agent I am very interested. He says he will ring me in the morning. He doesn't. In the afternoon, I ring him, to be told he is out of the office and will ring me when he gets back. He doesn't.

This morning, I go to the bank and arrange a loan. I come back and wait for the agent to call me. He doesn't. Mid-afternoon, I ring him, to be told he is just leaving for an appointment and will ring me when he gets back. He doesn't. What the hell is going on? If they have accepted an offer in the meantime, surely it is common courtesy to inform me? I am SO frustrated. No wonder I hardly slept last night.

2 comments:

Jackie Sayle said...

It certainly sounds like he's avoiding you for some reason. What an odd way to carry on. Hope things are solved tomorrow. x

hydra said...

Perhaps an agent I'd crossed in the past has said, "Whatever you do, don't have any dealings with Lorna Read!" I had monster fallings-out with two local agents who were bloody rude to me because I had pulled out of sales for very good reasons. With one, the roof props were failing and the roof was going to fall in, and with the other, the vendor's solicitor couldn't be contacted for almost two months, so I gave up on it. Then had vicious emails from each agent calling me all the names under the sun. I should have lodged complaints. I still have the emails. They really, really upset me when I hadn't done anything at all wrong! One accused me of being a two-faced liar who was going behind her back looking at other properties. (Methinks she had PMS!) Of course I was looking at other properties. My solicitor told me mine had fallen through! I could write a book about my house-buying trials...