Wednesday 4 March 2009

Me and travel plans

I should have known better. Every time I make travel plans in advance, by the time the trip comes around, something always goes wrong. This time it's this wretched flu-like cold. I booked up for Cornwall on Feb 1st, never suspecting I'd catch Andrea's toddler's wretched bug. Mr Grumpy has it too. Yesterday he had the four Irish navvies with pickaxes inside his head, and today he's given them to me. And today, I have a painful, chesty cough and a feeling that my head and limbs are stuffed with cotton wool.

The purpose of my trip was to make merry and do a lot of singing. No chance of that, with a throat full of razorblades and the kind of swollen glands and cough that would have had them painting a sign on the door in the 1600s to warn people of the presence of the plague. I can only hope that I have a lightning recovery tomorrow.

No comments: