Friday 6 March 2009

Koff, koff!


Didn't go to Cornwall. Totally stuffed with cold, and have hideous tickly, bubbly cough that keeps me awake all night (despite Benilyn). Of course not being allowed to have the heating on in the daytime doesn't help. I feel I'd get rid of it much quicker if I could only keep warm. Hope I'm not heading for a second bout of bronchitis. I had the first one when I gave up smoking in 1984. Odd, that. The layers of tar must have lined my lungs and prevented germs from sticking!

My friend in Cornwall also has a cold, but, in her words, "I'll go down to the beach and let the sea air blow it away." Don't think the stinky, aircraft fuel-filled air blowing from Heathrow airport will do the same for me! And of course Mr Grumpy won't let me have the central heating on. Just look at the way I'm dressed for working in my study (there is a layer of thermals beneath what you can see). Note the red eyes. The red nose is only visible from below - and nothing in its right mind wants to go there, apart from a Kleenex tissue.

2 comments:

Jackie Sayle said...

My God, I didn't have that much clothing on to work out in the garden today! That house MUST be cold. BRRRR!

hydra said...

It is. No wonder I'm not getting better. Still coughing and streaming after 10 days. I've put the fan heater on in my open-plan, radiator-less work area, but it's still only 54 degrees F. Meanwhile, he is closeted in a lovely snug room with a door that closes, and a fan heater that gets it nice and toasty, and has no idea how I suffer. He thinks he's doing me a favour in giving me a corner to work in. I am NEVER spending another winter here.