Tuesday 17 March 2009

Happy Birthday to Me!

Thanks to our postal service, several packages have yet to arrive, but I got some super cards. Jacula sent me a card featuring a meowing cat saying, "Feed me" and "I can go on like this all day." How very true! Mr Grumpy gave me two, as he couldn't choose between them. One featured someone beating up their computer after it had gone wrong yet again, and other said; 'One day into her coke and Malibi diet, Lorna had lost loads - a shoe, her short-term memory, and her knickers to Stavros the kebab shop owner!' It had originally said 'Val' but Mr G applied his felt tip.

I got a beautiful purple and salmon pink scarf from Mr G's late partner's daughter Sharon, to whom I am very close, a Native Indian wishing feather, Navajo design embroidered wallet and Clarins mascara and eye cream from my goddaughter, a lovely bracelet from my goddaughter's mum, a biography of Emma Hamilton from Merrylegs, my sister (with 2 parcels still to come), and Mr G very generously gave me a laptop bag, a shoulder bag (New Look's best), a glass pendant in all my favourite swirly turquoise and purple colours and two pairs of earrings.

He insisted I open them yesterday, for some reason best known to himself, and that's when I discovered my ear piercings were nowhere to be found, as I haven't worn earrings for so long. I now have bloody ears that are dripping in tea tree oil. Still, it saves me a trip to the tattoo parlour for a new piecing. Hmm...could it be time I got a tattoo?

Tonight I am venturing into town on St Paddy's day (London Tube is always full of drunk young people in silly green hats) to have dinner with friends in Islington. I'm staying the night in Camden Town and if I arise tomorrow in a reasonable state of health (unlikely), I have appointments to see two cottages. I do wish I knew where I wanted to live, though. Actually, I do. It's Highgate. But I can't afford it. Come on, Lottery! I won £20 last week. What's wrong with £2 million this week, eh?

No comments: