Saturday 31 May 2008

More boys' toys

Mr G is in his element. Not only did his new 12 megapixel digital camera arrive today (Megxon K2, £80 from eBay), but he went to B&Q and spend £135 on a new lawnmower, having decided the freebie he got from my friend wasn't worth the cost of repairing. Now he has two old ones to get rid of. They will probably be consigned to the no-go zone at the bottom of the garden where bonfires happen and the nettles and brambles provide a home for the Lone Hornet (don't ask, just follow the scorch marks in the grass where I have run away from it at top speed) and lots of butterflies.

Already, he has fired off an email to the lawnmower helpline and is impatiently awaiting a reply on the vexing subject of why it is so hard to start. There are mutterings about taking it back to B&Q and exchanging it for another model, but not till he's finished cutting the grass! I tried and couldn't start it. Do they make easy-start mowers for weak-handed women like me? Or is it called A Gardener?

1 comment:

Jackie Sayle said...

My uncle, then a groundsman at the cricket club, gave me his heavy old motor mower years ago and, aside from the racket it made (you know I hate the sound of mowers and strimmers), I could never start the ruddy thing. Hubby would start it and, when it stopped - which it frequently did - I'd have to call him to re-start it.

I think a handsome gardener is probably a far better option. :-)

I'm intrigued about The Lone Hornet. Do tell! Does it ride a horse called Silver?