Sunday 1 June 2008

Birthdays and astrology

I keep a birthday book, which is a jolly useful thing to have. One thing I've noticed is that birthdays come in clusters. There is the March cluster (Pisceans, like me), then the largest bunch of all, the May/June cluster (Gemini and Cancer, 14 in the space of seven weeks), and the next peak happens in Virgo, September (5), followed by three Sagittarians and Capricorns in December, then three Aquarians including my daughter.

It's notable that there are no Aries people, unless you count my ex-husband who I haven't seen since 1979, only one Leo and one Taurean (odd, because I have two planets in Taurus and like the Taureans that I've met), one Scorpio and two Librans. There surely must be something astrological in it!

My family were all water signs, one Piscean (me), two Cancerians (Mum and my sister) and one Scorpio (Dad). For some odd reason, we were paired off at an early age, me with Mum and my sister with Dad, she being judged the more practical and tomboyish of us two. It was she who,though younger than me, was given the driving lessons. I was told I'd never be any good as I was too much of a dreamer. That stuck, and I never learned as I was far too nervous, perhaps on account of that early conditioning. We both had riding lessons but I was content to plod along on the quietest pony while my sister wanted to leap fences (and still does). Nature, or nurture? And do the planets really influence us? It's been proved that the moon does. I believe the others do, too. A particularly observant friend, Tony, who is an astrologer, noticed that when certain planets was in powerful position in the heavens, I always wore the colour that was ascribed to that planet. Indeed, I have a wardrobe containing every colour of the rainbow!

4 comments:

Jackie Sayle said...

I've had to check my birthday book now. The results were:

January - 4 birthdays (2 x 12th Jan., 17th Jan., 19th Jan. - Capricorns). This list includes my best friend, my boyfriend and his mum.

February - 6 birthdays.

March - 3 birthdays (Aries). This list includes my ex-hubby and my daughter.

April - 3 birthdays, including my own on 22nd (Sun in Taurus and Venus, Moon in Aquarius).

May - 9 birthdays. My Dad's was on 13th (Taurus) and my son's is on 26th (Gemini).

June - 5 birthdays, one of which is my Mum's on the 4th (Gemini) and another is my second oldest best friend on 17th (also Gemini).

July - 4 birthdays, one of which is my aunt's and the other 3 are all in my 'second family' in Wales.

August - 3 birthdays.

September - 1 birthday.

October - 6 birthdays.

November - 2 birthdays.

December - 3 birthdays, one of which is my stepdaughter's.


I already knew springtime was my birthday cluster time. LOL

Jackie Sayle said...

Interesting about wearing the appropriate colours when the planets are right. I must see if I do that.

Colour chart is:

Aries - Red
Taurus - Pink
Gemini - Green
Cancer - Silver
Leo - Gold
Virgo - Green and Dark Brown
Libra - Blue
Scorpio - Dark Red through to Maroon
Sagittarius - Rich Purple
Capricorn - Brown and other dark colours
Aquarius - Turquoise
Pisces - Soft Seagreen

hydra said...

I have Moon and Venus in Taurus so perhaps that's where we link up astrologically. Fancy us both having Aries ex-hubbies? B*****s!
Are you a pink person? I'm definitely a sea green one!

Anonymous said...

My (Lorna's sister's) comment on all this, is that I will eat my riding hat if she has PINK in her wardrobe! Or red.Unless it's a kind of purply mulberry. But rock on anyway, big sis!!