Saturday 24 May 2008

Murder on the loo!

Look away now, all you arachnaphobes. There I was, perched peacefully on the bog this morning when suddenly, my eyes were drawn to a scuffle on the radiator in front of me. One very large long-leggety spider (known as the Daddy Long-Legs Spider) massacred and cannibalised a smaller one of the same species, right before my eyes! It grabbed it, wrapped its struggling relative up in thick web, then proceeded to drag it behind the radiator, presumably to eat it in peace. Ugh! I shall examine the toilet roll carefully in future, to make sure the spider isn't lurking between the folds, waiting to ambush its prey (or give me such a shock that I shall never need Senokot again!).

3 comments:

Jackie Sayle said...

Your life seems to be following mine. I got the spider in the bathroom, too.

Since I was putting off needing the bathroom when I read your blog earlier, when I laughed so much over your Senakot comment, I nearly had an accident.

hydra said...

What variety was yours? Spider, I mean, not accident!

Jackie Sayle said...

My spider was Tegeneria Gigantea. What was yours?