Thursday 8 May 2008

The sun has got his hat on, tra-la


The doctors say we all need 20 minutes exposure to sunlight twice a week in order to maintain our levels of Vitamin D. Well, I'm making sure I stock up! The weather has been so glorious that I feel relaxed, well, cheerful and... and... well, as if I'm on holiday. I have been neglecting my work, spending my time with Gro-bags and tomato plant seedlings, plus 30 tiny violas that I got from Homebase for an unbelievable 10p!

Found a frog today, stuck in the overflow tank for the pond. He couldn't get out, so Mr Grumpy captured him and transferred him to the pond itself where he clung to a ledge looking rather scared. Although there is an overhang all the way round, I hope he will be able to climb out via the trailing plant stems. Otherwise, I shall have to devise a frog ladder.

2 comments:

Jackie Sayle said...

Make Mr. Frog (or Mrs. Frog) a set of steps from slate. Don't stick any old stones or bricks into the pond as they may leach lime into the water.

I heard a frog screaming in terror today and had to go and rescue it from the cat. Luckily, he hadn't scratched it.

Seeing the picture of your decking I can now see where all B&Q's stock of decking planks went. :-/

hydra said...

What a great idea. I'll do that. B&Q, here I come again...