Thursday 31 July 2008

I'm a Double Winner!

I had the email - I mean, THE email - from the lottery, to say there was 'exciting news about my ticket'. Well, it was only a tenner, but better than a kick in the teeth.

Remember the hammock stand I didn't get? It went for £25 so I put in a bid for another one today and I won it - and only paid £14.99!!! In the shops, they're upwards of £40 so, a result! When it arrives and I get it fixed up, I shall take a photo. Unfortunately, it comes with a hammock. That means I now have two hammocks. Anyone sailor out there need a hammock?

2 comments:

Jackie Sayle said...

I guess you'll have to go back on e bay and bid for another hammock stand WITHOUT a hammock. If you get another one with a hammock it'll go on and on, and you could end up with a lawn full of hammocks.

hydra said...

I'll have to buy an orchard to string up all the hammocks in. I could rent them out to alternative holidaymakers and suddenly, I'll have a business going!