Saturday 5 July 2008

House dilemma


I have seen three properties I like and am completely unable to make up my mind between them. One is a flat back on my old stamping ground, two streets away from the cottage in Highgate that I should never have sold because it's now worth £500K. Being a flat, it has a service charge and doesn't have a private garden, rather a communal lawn. The others are two Victorian cottages further north, in East Barnet. The flat is close to two old friends, the cottages round the corner to an even older one (not in terms of age!). One cottage has a fabulous garden, a cute, cottagey front garden, but a downstairs bathroom and the cupboards full of boiler and hot water cylinder, and the kitchen is tiny. The other is extended, has a big kitchen, a study and an upstairs bathroom, but lacks the magic the first one has.

All three properties are the same price. This morning, while tidying, I found the pendulum my daughter gave me. This gave me a brainwave. I have decided to dowse for the right property. I shall hold my pendulum over each set of details in turn and see what happens...

No comments: