Thursday 23 July 2009

Green chicken

Went to local mini M&S today and they had Oakham chickens half price at £3.99 so I bought one, cooked it this evening, carved it and there, in the centre of the breast was a green stripe. The bird smelt OK. We ate the wings and legs but left the breast. I wanted to keep the whole thing and take it back but I've lost the blasted receipt, so instead I kept the wrapper and a sample, took some photos and slung it all out for the fox. Now I am queasily anticipating an attack of food poisoning. Just as well we have three loos!

I have emailed M&S about it, though if they offer me a free chicken, I am definitely not interested. Mr Grumpy is crowing and says it serves me right for buying reduced food. Apparently he only did it once. He bought a tin of reduced corned beef and was terribly ill. My tum has just given an enormous gurgle. Oh dear.... !

No comments: