Thursday 27 November 2008

Virgin Active - the case deepens

Remember I said the sales manager from Virgin Active had told me that no money had been debited from my account? Wrong! I discovered today that they had taken out £45 for a month's membership which I had been unable to use because, according to them, my paperwork had been lost and I was not on their computers!

I drank a strong coffee and then, fuming, rang up and got an answering machine on which I left a polite but strong message, refraining from swearing with great difficulty. Later, the sales manager rang back, sounding extremely apologetic - "I don't know how this could have happened", etc. I demanded a refund, which she said would be in my account within the next couple of days. We'll see. If they've 'lost my details', I wonder how they're going to pay me the money? By telepathy? I knew gym machines could do wonderful things these days, but I didn't realise VA were in the Mind Gym business!

Meanwhile I had an urgent text from dear daughter, who was in an airport in NZ, asking if I'd be kind enough to whizz £50 into her account. Funny how it always whizzes out of mine faster than it whizzes in. I need to win the Lottery!

2 comments:

Jackie Sayle said...

Speaking of lottery wins, Beloved won £10 last Wednesday. There wasn't a repeat with more 0's on the end yesterday, sad to say.

hydra said...

Well done him! I was 23 squid up a couple of weeks ago but it's all gone now.