Wednesday 26 November 2008

Hatastrophe!


I couldn't resist this hat for myself as I was doing some Christmas shopping from the Rosie Nieper catalogue. (Don't look, Merrylegs - one of your prezzies is coming from there!). Mr Grumpy chortles every time he sees anyone wearing one of these Tibetan yak herder headpieces and calls them Twat Hats. Now I have to suffer his derisive snorts every time I wear it. But it's silk and wool and very warm. I'm wearing it while typing this. I may even sleep in it.

I once had a boyfriend who said he'd finish with me unless I stopped wearing my tiger striped wellies which I'd bought in Amsterdam in 1985, when patterned wellies were outragous. I think they were the only patterned wellies in Britain for two decades! Did I stop wearing them? Did I hell. I finished with him instead, after telling him I was going to be buried in them. Perhaps I'll ask to be buried in my Twat Hat, too.

2 comments:

Jackie Sayle said...

You don't look as daft in that hat as me & Beloved are going to look in the matching pair of tundra hats he's bought us for our coastal walks during our Christmas break. (My Mum calls them 'wally hats'. Same thing as 'twat hats', I guess.)

I've also got a padded coat that makes me look like the Michelin man. I don't care; only hardened walkers and dog-walkers use the coastal path in winter anyway. Everyone looks like there's been an explosion at a charity shop. We'll blend in well.:-)

hydra said...

The hat is very warm - a silk-wool mix - so I'm taking it to Cumbria with me tomorrow. Back on Friday. It's going to be freezing oop North!