Wednesday 5 November 2008

The continuing saga of the gym

On Monday I was all primed up to go to my new gym for the first time. I was bright and bouncy and fancied immersing myself in chlorine even if I did end up looking like a leftover Hallowe'en witch. I hadn't filled in any membership forms, though I had paid over the phone, and didn't want to get all the way there to find they wouldn't let me in, so I rang the marketing lady. She wasn't there so I left a message.

She didn't get back to me all day. She rang yesterday when I wasn't feeling so bright and bouncy. "Oh, you could have come yesterday," she said. "I had left your forms and membership card with someone." Well, how was I to know? We know have a 'date' for Thursday when, no doubt, I shall feel exceedingly unbouncy following tonight's Guy Fawkes party. On the other hand, I might zoom down there with a rocket up my a*se!

No comments: