Saturday 1 November 2008

Pigging weather

... in both senses of the word. It's p***ing down and I can't stop picking at biscuits, cheese, just about anything. Reckon my body thinks it needs extra calories because it's got so cold. I've never known a year like this one, that has gone straight from what passed for summer, to winter, bypassing autumn in all but the leaf colours. I haven't even been able to wear my 'tween seasons green coat. It was a race to get my jumpers out before I developed chilblains.

My new gym membership starts on Monday. It's a 20 minute walk to the bus stop, which takes me to a Virgin Active gym with a swimming pool. I could have rejoined my old, pool-less gym for a lot less money, but at the time, I wanted to swim. Now, with water hammering at the windows, I'm not so sure. Anyway, the chlorine might turn my hair green. (A photo, I promise.)

1 comment:

Jackie Sayle said...

Chlorine turns bleached blonde hair green. In your case, being a copperknob, it'd be verdigris. *Grins and ducks.*