Friday 13 June 2008

Unknown Cousin from Gibraltar


My uncle had a wartime romance in Gibraltar with a lady called Mercedes Cipollene (or Chipolina, the spelling is not known, but it was pronounced Chipolina). The result was a daughter called Thelma who would be my first cousin and the half sister of the cousin I met yesterday. The photograph was sent to my uncle in, I think, 1947 and she looks about five, so she would be about 66 now. No doubt she is married and has a different surname, but we would love to find her. All ideas as to how to do this will be most welcome. The card is signed, From Thelma to Daddy, Love and kisses.

2 comments:

Jackie Sayle said...

You could try Genes Reunited (a spin-off site from Friends Reunited).

hydra said...

I could, but the difficulty is not knowing if she was registered under my uncle's surname or her mother's. In fact, with all that older generation of the family gone now, none of us younger (ha ha) lot know anything.