Friday 27 June 2008

The Waiting Game...

Still no response from Mustafa Carpet.

Got two photos on my mobile today, sent from Paxos by a longtime, and long time ago, lover whom my production editor (I was editing a romantic fiction magazine at the time) nicknamed Breakfast Time O'Bonk (after Lunchtime O'Booze in Private Eye) - Bob for short. He used to say goodbye to his wife then call at my flat on the way to work. 18 years ago but we've stayed friends. Oh, happy days. Wish I were in Paxos. Or Turkey. Is this a reaction to my terminal boredom? Or, as I live near Heathrow, Terminal 5 boredom?

Just remembered Paul Simon's Still Crazy After All These Years...

Saw an old lover on the street last night,
she seemed so glad to see me, I just smiled
and we talked about some old times
and we drank ourselves some beers,
still crazy after all these years.

Should I use this title as my epitaph, I wonder? Mind you, I might be genuinely crazy by the ti,e I topple off my perch. Whilst copying the lyrics off a website, I chanced upon an ad for a site dedicated to providing married people with illicit partners (www.lovinglinks.co.uk). Bob didn't need that back in 1990. He had me.

2 comments:

Jackie Sayle said...

As the ex-wife of an unfaithful husband I'm not going to comment on this.

hydra said...

It wasn't as straighforward as that. She hated him and had met another man, but wanted to hang onto 'Bob' to pay the mortgage. He left eventually and has lived alone ever since and she has married the other man. So I didn't feel too guilty.