Monday 9 June 2008

Gazebo (2)

As Mr G was painfully dismantling the gazebo this morning, the bloody thing fell apart! A screw fell out and on closer examination, one of the metal struts had cracked. Now Mr G has packed it all up and limped painfully back to Halfords with it. Lord only knows how he heaved it in and out of the car.

I refused to watch. I did offer to go with him and help him carry it but he took one scornful look at my feeble arms and said, "What, honestly, can you do? Can you lift it?" I tried yesterday and almost gave myself a hernia. What's the betting he'll come back with another cracked rib? Or a hernia? I await the next Mr G health bulletin with trepidation. The Dettol spray and sticking plasters in the First Aid box are not enough. He needs a paramedic permanently on hand to patch him up and keep him going. Poor old sod!

No comments: