Tuesday 11 March 2008

Phew!

Perhaps I overreacted. Maybe it was the exhaustion factor. By this morning, I was suffering total cyber paranoia, convinced my 13,000 words had vanished into the 49th ether, or wherever lost emails go. So... I plucked up courage and emailed my agent, asking 'Did you receive it - yes or no?" and, saints be praised and glory be, I had a reply. AND HE LIKES IT!

His meeting with the publisher got postponed so he hadn't got round to reading it yet. He even corrected the odd typo for me, which is beyond the call of duty (and I'm so mortified that there were any in there).

Many agents and publishers take weeks, or even months, to reply to the poor dejected souls like me who are living on a wing, a prayer and a crust of bread whilst waiting for their literary break-through. Mine likes everything emailed to him, and he promises a very quick response. If anyone wants his email address, let me know.

Meantime, fingers crossed.........

No comments: