Saturday 1 December 2007

Xmas card

Got my first card yesterday. Nov 30th. This is a personal record. An acquaintance reports having seen Xmas decorations in a store as early as 4th Nov. At this rate, as soon as 12th Night is past, they'll take down this year's decorations and start putting up next year's. It's all gone crazy. If it was the result of some deep piety, it wouldn't seem so bad, but, as we know, it's all about commerce. The longer they can give us to buy presents, the more we'll spend because we'll either have forgotten what we bought Aunty Jane last April, or forgotten where we put it.

Health Bulletin. I have just started a course of probiotics. As I understand it, probotics are healthy little buglets that live in our guts and make our digestive systems work better. With all my stomach problems, I certainly need that. But, after three days of taking them, the only effect I can report is an increase in the frequency and volume of my farts. I saw a ridiculous clip on some late night satellite TV channel featuring a rather pretty young woman who got off on farting down the extension tube of a vacuum cleaner, that amplified the sounds quite scarily. I think I could beat her hands, or rather pants, down.

No comments: