Monday 10 December 2007

Catch-up

Open Heart Surgery has been dominating the lawn, hoovering up so many pieces of bread that he now resembles a plump chicken. I wonder if he is feeding himself up for Christmas and saving us the chore of making bread sauce to go with him? (Don't worry, I could never eat OHS, no matter how starving I was. He's too much of a character. But I worry that he might be heading for a fall from the perch due to a heart attack as he's getting so overweight.)

Flad has had a swollen shoulder since his fight with Tabby Bollocks. I was worried he might have an abcess. Our first cat, the lovely ginger and white Sandy, died of blood poisoning due to an abcess caused by a bite on his back during a fight. I shall never forget the way his back legs suddenly went paralysed and he dragged himself, hissing and spitting, to the back of the understairs cupboard. I was about 12 and my sister was 9. Poor Sandy was only 10. The vet could do nothing for him.

I have tried to give his shoulder a reiki treatment every day. I've found reiki works very well on animals as they have no psychological resistance, no conditionining insisting alternative treatments are a load of rubbish. Yesterday I had lunch with my friend Anna who is an animal communicator. I emailed her a photo of Flad and she's going to communicate with him psychically and tell me what's wrong. I think the lump is going down a bit, but I hope she'll be able to give me a proper diagnosis.

No comments: