Wednesday 26 December 2007

What? No hangover?


Here is last night's sunset. Truly a red sky at night. And today is clear, bright and sunny. I am wearing the burgundy coloured Weird Fish fleece top that my sister gave me. It's gorgeously warm. The enormous turkey had its legs donated to the ex-bald fox, now the fattest, furriest fox in West London. The rest had garlic rubbed all over it, honey drizzled onto it and was roasted and accompanied by parsnips, roast potatoes, spinach, cauliflower, broccoli and organic cranberry sauce from M&S.

Mr Grumpy and I thought there were just going to be the two of us to guzzle this enormous banquet but luckily three friends turned up. One had a virus so Mr G donned his armpit length pond gloves that I'd given him for Xmas and used the tongs to poke a builder's mask round the door for her to wear. The mask was wrapped in jolly Xmas paper and when she took out the mask, out fell a dead mosquito. At least the fact of its morbidity spared her having an even more Rudolphian nose.

We started with Bucks Fuzz (Mr G doesn't drink and one guest was driving), then a bottle or two of red went quickly down three throats. My main present from Mr G was a karaoke machine. Yes, really. We fixed it up, I grabbed the microphone and launched into Living Next Door to Alice (Alice? Who the f*** is Alice?) and realised I only knew the tune to the chorus. In fact, I found I didn't know any melodies to any verses. Shame on me. Now I'm going to have to listen to lots of songs and learn them all before I can prance around the living room imagining I'm auditioning for X Factor.

No comments: