Wednesday 3 August 2011

House news

Well, I did it. I put in an offer on the pretty, detached bungalow - detached being an advantage as I can play the piano without disturbing the neighbours. I like it because it's light and airy, it's a ten minute walk to Mr G's and there's a bus stop just round the corner - and my doctor's surgery is only a few doors away. There's a grapevine in the garden, and a big shed that I could convert to a garden office.

There was a wobble at first, when the sellers - young, married police officers with two young kiddies - got gazumped on the house they were buying, but the gazumpers withdrew so it's all going to go ahead so long as I don't keep getting wobbly about the fact that I still won't be near any of my friends.

But I have loads of work, and will perhaps have an opportunity to write some books in peace and get some of my songs up on YouTube. I'd be so happy if people liked them and started singing them. I'd have to adopt several different disguises - a spooky one for my spooky, science-fictiony songs, a Joni Mitchell style for my folky ones... All I need is to learn how to use some basic recording equipment plugged into my computer. I think I'd better soundproof that shed...

Here's a link to the bungalow.
http://www.rightmove.co.uk/property-for-sale/property-30881500.html

5 comments:

Jackie Sayle said...

I've visited the link to the bungalow. It looks perfect for you.

Teresa Ashby said...

It looks lovely! Perfect!

hydra said...

I've just found out it's way overpriced for a 2-bedder. I don't know what to do. Wait and see what my surveyor says, I suppose... I'm feeling all confused again now. Mr G says I'd be an idiot buying it because there's no way I can make money on it as it's all done up already. So if I'm still desperate to leave the area in a year's time, I'd have lost £20,000 in fees.

Jackie Sayle said...

The positive side is that it's already done up and you won't have to spend any money on it. Also, having lost almost 20 grand in storage fees, you won't be losing more because you will have a HOME to put your stuff in. You will also have your own space, warmth and the joy of using your own things again.

Perovskia said...

It's SO cute, I love it.

I doubt you'll lose. Property usually always goes up. And you can make small changes to increase value.

Jac's right.. your money WON'T be going to storage.