Thursday 4 August 2011

Another nightmare!

My mum always used to say she had nightmares if she slept on her back. Wish I'd made a note of which position I woke in at 4.35 this morning. I'd dreamt about an ex-boyfriend. An extremely weird ex who is now living in America as a ladyboy housemaid, wearing PVC maid's outfits and sporting breast implants. Yes, really. I have known some strange people in my time!

In the dream, he had me trapped in a room and was trying to get me to swallow a cyanide suicide pill to 'prove my love for him'. He, who lives as a sub in a BDSM household, was definitely the dom in this dream. He had me in his power. He was going to murder me whether or not I took the pill. I ran for the window, but couldn't get out. I screamed and screamed, and eventually a woman who looked like Joan Collins managed to open it from the outside and I escaped.

Then he yelled that he would prove his love for me, and swallowed the pill. I borrowed a phone from a passer-by and dialled the emergency services but couldn't tell them the address, as I didn't know it. The nearest entrance to the street was down an alleyway that led to... Highgate Village, the very place I'm trying to get back to. How one got in via the other end, I didn't know.

I dashed back to the house and looked through the window. He was lying under the bedclothes, completely still. I persuaded a burly man to climb in and see if he was dead, whereupon the 'body' came to life and began thrashing around in a confused state, hitting out at the poor man. I asked someone else the name of the street and directions of how to get there and they spoke to the emergency services for me, while I screamed, "Tell them to come quick, he's swallowed poison and he's dying!"

Then I awoke, heart pounding, and lay awake for a good hour, before thankfully drifting off again till way past 8 am.

I don't know what to make of the dream. The fact that the murder attempt took place in a dead-end street in Highgate must mean something. Does it mean that it's time to murder my hopes of ever getting back there?

7 comments:

Perovskia said...

It's another dream of death, which means the ending of something.

Give me adjectives about how you felt in the dream.

Jackie Sayle said...

hydra - Like your Mum, I, too, seem to have bad dreams if I like on my back. I wonder why?

Perovskia is right about the dream. I think it's your mind telling you to forget the past and go forward into the future.

Jackie Sayle said...

*lie on my back, not 'like'! I do wish these comment boxes had an edit button.

hydra said...

Here are the adjectives, Perovskia:

pressurised; dominated; controlled; lost in an alien place; backed into a corner; terrified.

Perovskia said...

Do those words at all apply to how you're feeling about your living situation and/or new house hunt?

hydra said...

I don't think I dare say!

Jackie Sayle said...

It's your blog. You can say what you like!