Saturday 30 June 2007

Stroke, no joke

I have been absent from this blog for a few days because something really serious has happened, health-wise. My boyfriend has had a stroke. The story is long and complex and harrowing. It includes Hillingdon Hospital discharging him while he was having mini strokes every 20 or 30 minutes and telling him it was “just a migraine.” Less than 24 hours later, he had a major stroke and is now paralysed down one side. I am considering a legal case.

As to my own health, I didn’t eat or sleep for three days and am now beyond exhaustion, and feeling very lonely and uncomfortable in his house, surrounded by his things and a poor, crying cat who doesn’t understand and keeps sniffing things that smell of him and gazing at me and asking the silent question, “Where is he?”

No comments: