Friday 15 June 2007

Good news all round!

HEALTH NEWS. Well, I told my cold to bugger off, using my best, stern Barbara Woodhouse dog-training tones. It didn’t like it. Last night, it got its own back by punctuating my sleep with nasty, tickly, chesty coughing fits, but today I am BETTER! I’ve been out for the first time in three days and, apart from a few sinusy sniffs, I feel fine. So it’s 1 – 0 to Mind Over Matter.

FOX NEWS. Every night I have been putting out jam sandwiches laced with the homeopathic treatment that the National Fox Welfare Society sent me for free (natfox@ntlworld.com). I hadn’t seen the little fox for several days and had started to fear the worst, but it trotted past the window this morning and I am thrilled to report that its fur has started growing back. Its body and brush have sprouted half an inch of fine ginger hair like baby fluff. It has only been on the treatment for ten days and NFWS recommend continuing the treatment for three weeks. At this rate of growth, it will look like a Lhasa Apso by then, with fur down to the floor. Perhaps I could enter it for Crufts

No comments: