Friday 1 June 2007

Experiment #1

I thought you might like to know how it went. Book down, specs off, earplugs in at around 12.03am. "I am going to sleep now," I told myself. "I will wake up at 8am."

It took a while, twenty minutes perhaps, but I did fall asleep with no artificial help other than a glass of red wine during the evening. Then I woke up. It was light. Took my earplugs out. The birds were singing. Looked at the clock. 5.26am. Damn!

Earplus in, sleep mask on and next time I awoke it was quarter to nine. I missed my target on both sides with quite a large margin. But never fear, I shall try again tonight. Anyway, perhaps I am naturally aligned to the time of another country. Turkey, perhaps...

2 comments:

zoe said...

is this sort of thing passed down in the family, or will i have to start practising too? it's a neat idea.

hydra said...

I think you can pratise it and get good. It's a matter of being able to focus your mind and 'feel the force'. Mind you, when I stand at the bus stop and will a bus to come, it never does. Then the moment I start combing my hair or reading my texts, the damn thing rushes up and catches me unawares.