Sunday 3 July 2011

Cool for cats


Chi Mimi has the right idea about how to keep cool. She stretches right out, just where the breeze comes through the roof window. And yes, she is lying on one of my poems, which is entitled Notes on the Wallace Collection.

(Her 'dad', by the way, has been moved to the spinal injuries unit at Stoke Mandeville. He is utterly fed up with being in hospital, but until the fractures in his spine and neck have mended, he can't be allowed to move as it might cause permanent damage. The poor man has pneumonia, too. He's still not out of the woods. We hope to get up to see him this week.)

2 comments:

Teresa Ashby said...

Ahhh to be a cat!

Sending positive thoughts for her dad - poor man, pneumonia now on top of the rest, so sad.

hydra said...

Thank you, Teresa. I had an anxious day today as Chi Mimi seemed to have disappeared. I'd spoken sharply to her last night when she'd hissed at Flad for being in his rightful place on my lap, and she ran out. We searched everywhere, then Mr Grumpy found her under a bush in her own garden! She's now back on the futon next to me as I type, so I have been forgiven, thank goodness. Still, she needs to learn some manners, the little madam!