Thursday 21 July 2011

Nightmare!

I had a terrible night last night. I'm taking homeopathy for insomnia and it does seem to be helping me to get to sleep but I am waking up several times a night. Last night, I had a ghastly dream. Some foreign terrorists were murdering visiting diplomats (I'm sure this happened in an episode of Spooks) but the problem was that, in the dream, the role of each diplomat, whether male or female, was taken by me. And in the dream, it wasn't just acting, I was bring killed for real.

The first time, I was electrocuted. I woke up, terrified and glad to find out I was alive. I went back to sleep and the dream resumed and this time I was poisoned. I woke up again, thinking, 'Hey, this isn't fair, I should have had a different dream this time.'

The third time, I was shot. When I awoke this time, it was getting light. It was bin day and I think the sound of the shot that penetrated my dream was the sound of the binmen hurling rubbish sacks around.

I spent today feeling weak and drained, almost as if I'd had my life-blood sucked out by a vampire. (Glad I didn't have that dream! Oh... I dunno... it could have been quite sexy.)

Wonder what that dream of being multiply murdered means? Anyone have any idea?

3 comments:

Jackie Sayle said...

To dream that you have been killed, suggests that your

actions are disconnected from your emotions and conscience.

The dream refers to drastic changes that you are trying to

make. There is a characteristic that you want to get rid of

or a habit that you want to end within yourself. Killing

represents the killing off of the old parts and old habits.

Alternatively, the dream represents feelings of being let

down or betrayed by someone in your waking life. You are

feeling overwhelmed, shocked and disappointed.

To dream that you are murdered, suggests that some important

and significant relationship has been severed. You are trying

to disconnect yourself from your emotions. The dream may also

be about your unused talents.

To see a killer in your dream, suggests that an essential

aspect of your emotions have been cut off. You feel that you

are losing your identity and your individuality.

Alternatively, this dream may represent purification and the

healing process. You are standing up for yourself and putting

a dramatic end to something.

To dream of an electrocution, indicates that the current

course of your actions will lead to disaster. The dream also

represents fear and the consequences of your actions. You

need to be more aware of your surroundings and those around

you.

To see poison in your dream, denotes that you need to get rid

of something in your life that is causing you much sickness

and distress. You need to cleanse and purge away the

negativity in your life.

To dream that you ingest poison, indicates that you are

introducing something into yourself that is harmful to your

well-being. This may be feelings of bitterness, jealousy or

other negative feelings that are consuming you.

To dream that someone is shooting you with a gun, suggests

that you are experiencing some confrontation in your waking

life. You may be feeling victimized in some situation.

Jackie Sayle said...

Well, that's what I gleaned from the Dream Moods Dictionary anyway. Sorry it hasn't copied over from 'notebook' too well!

It seems to cover most of your recent problems and conflicts, doesn't it?

hydra said...

Blimey! That's a lot to take on board. Thanks, Jacula.