Saturday 23 July 2011

New camera


As I managed to kill my beloved Pentax compact camera by dropping it on the wooden floor, I thought I would treat myself to a replacement. I loved the Pentax because a) it took good, sharp photos and was very easy to use, and b) it used batteries rather than a charger. I have another compact which has a charger and that means I could never take it on holiday because the charge would be bound to run out just as you were poised to take the shot of a lifetime and were miles away from the nearest electricity supply.

Off I went to discuss the matter with my local Jessops, where the salesman soon pointed me towards a special offer, a Canon Powershot A495, reduced from £111 to £49. I was a bit put off by the cheap, plasticky look of it, but I decided to give it a go and I'm glad I did.

Here is the very first photo I took on it, of the last of my winter pansies. I am really impressed with the vividness and trueness of the colour. £49 well spent, I think.

4 comments:

Jackie Sayle said...

I also killed my favopurite camera by dropping it a few weeks ago. Now trying to get used to camera Son gave me.

hydra said...

Is it a complicated one?

Jackie Sayle said...

Probably not once you get used to it. I've found the instruction manual now so that'll probably help.

hydra said...

Ha ha. RTFM!!!