Wednesday 29 June 2011

Flip-flop Frippery!


I think I have a bigger collection of flip-flops than anyone else I know. They are all living happily together in a giant M&S shopping bag, one of those strong ones made out of a woven webbing material. I'm sure you know the sort. I have them in every colour, from white to black with sequins. The only shade I lack is purple, and that's because I kindly gave them away to my daughter, who is also a fan of everything purple, being a kind of mystic heavy metal goth person who gives telephone tarot readings for a living.

The collection pictured is but a small selection of the ones nearest the top. Finding one flip-flop in the colour I want is easy, but finding its mate involves doing an impression of a large ginger-coloured dog digging frantically for a bone and tossing clods of earth/flipflops over its shoulders.

Now, if you study the selection in the photo, I wonder if you can guess which was the cheapest and which the most expensive? The second challenge is to guess the most comfortable and the least comfortable. Answers below, please. I shall give the correct answers in a couple of days' time. Whaddya want for a prize? A pair of flip-flops? Why not take two! They won't match, of course.

5 comments:

Frances Garrood said...

I'll pass on the questions, but will tell you that on our recent one-off posh cruise, I saw a pair of black plastic flipflops - very ordinary-seaside-looking - with a Prada label (why pay less?).

Teresa Ashby said...

I haven't worn flip flops since a pair rubbed the skin between my toes raw when I was a child! But a part of me wants to wear them (just not the bit between my toes).

My answers are - cheapest ones the flowery ones pointing down. Most expensive the black ones with the toe post. Most comfortable the black beady ones and least comfortable the ones with the orange flower. Probably got that completely wrong, but now I want to know the answers!!

Jackie Sayle said...

Most expensive - the white Marks & Spencer pair. Comfiest - the blue pair on the left of them.

Am I right?

Jackie Sayle said...

Oh, I forgot a couple of questions.

Cheapest - the pair with the orange flower. (They look just like a blue pair I got free with Cosmopolitan mag years ago.)

Least comfy - the ones with the purple butterfly on them.

hydra said...

Here's the answers. Most expensive AND least comfortable, the colourful beaded ones from Accessorize, at the top left. (The second least comfy are the orange ones, as the sole is too rigid and makes a nasty slapping sound - so you were almost right, Teresa.)
Cheapest AND most comfy are the blue ones to the left of the footmost (ha ha) pair. They cost £2.25 new from a charity shop.