Sunday 27 March 2011

Census Form

I am a non-person. I do not exist. Mr G has refused to include me on the census form because, although I have lived here for nearly 6 years, it has not been 'official'; in other words, as far as the authorities are concerned, he is the only one who lives here.

Ten years ago, at the time of the last census, I was also living here between property purchases, and he has just told me he didn't put me down on that census form, either. So for all these years I have been unable to vote, and if anyone in the future is trying to trace me via genealogy, they won't be able to find me anywhere. No address = no existence. They'll think I was dead. Or maybe living abroad; that's the better option. In, fact, I feel so angry with him, I just might do that!

No comments: