Saturday 7 August 2010

Think I'll just go back to bed

Do you ever have one of those days when you wake up feeling even more tired than you did before you went to sleep? Add aching limbs, a stuffy nose, earache and a tickly cough to the mix and I think it amounts to some kind of virus. Probably caught from the man I sat next to on the tube on the way back from the dentist's, who was coughing and sneezing and spraying his germs liberally all over the carriage. I suppose, when you have a traumatic time like I did at the dentist's, your immune system gets a momentary knock, giving those germs a perfect window of opportunity. Good job I have nothing planned this weekend, apart from finishing off an editing job.

Talking of which, although the grammar and punctuation are dodgy, the book I'm working on would deserve the title of the first ever Mills and Boon for the gay market. The main character is a 29-year-old man who has been reluctant to come out, and is even more reluctant to admit that, despite all his experimental fumbles and tentative relationships, the one person he is truly in love with is his flatmate, with whom he can't possible start anything up for fear of destroying the equilibrium. I'm three-quarters of the way through the book, the flatmate has done a disappearing act and my heart is in my mouth, hoping for the happy ending but fearing it will never come! And that's the stuff all the best M and B's are made of.

No comments: