Thursday 11 March 2010

No lunch for me

My IBS pills must be taken 20 minutes before a meal. It is now 1.3o pm and I want my lunch, but half an hour ago, just as I was about to go downstairs from my office and take my pill, a friend of Mr G's rolled up. So I stayed upstairs, because I like to eat in peace and not have to make polite chit-chat and stupid jokes with Mr G's friend.

Then I heard a car door slam and thought, Great, he's gone, I can take my pill and have my lunch. But oh woe, it's even more visitors, the wife of Mr G's friend who owns the local butchers, with her baby and toddler. They will be here for HOURS and it will be absolutely impossible to make myself the nutritious lunch of steamed cabbage with pine nuts, salmon and fruit salad for afters that I was planning to make. There won't even be a spare chair to sit on. Oh HOW I wish I had my own home. I really can't stand camping out at Mr G's any longer.

No comments: