Wednesday 17 March 2010

Birthday blog

I've had a lovely birthday apart from one hiccup this morning. The phone rang and it was Barclaycard fraud dept wanting to check if I'd made certain purchases on my card. It was one of those damned tinny mechanical voices, it was hard to follow and involved a multitude of buttons to be pressed and right in the middle my neighbour arrived bearing baby, dog, toddler and flowers, and the toddler was beaming and trying to give me a card while I was still trying to listen and press buttons. It was crazy, but the upshot was I HAD bought those purple trousers on eBay and the bras from M&S online... and all the other stuff too. What a spendthrift I am.

The bras got returned today but unfortunately for moi, M&S were having a 50% off sale, so I arrived with two bras worth £15 and left with a sweater, some cargo pants and a frilly shirt worth twice as much. They saw me coming.

2 comments:

Teresa Ashby said...

Wishing you a belated Happy Birthday!
Those kind of phone calls are a nightmare.
And no gal should ever walk away from a 50% off sale empty handed!

Jackie Sayle said...

Quite right, Teresa!