Saturday 17 October 2009

Weird experience

I've had many weird things happen to me in the past, but it's been years since I experienced something as strange as this. It was about 11.45 last night and I was in bed reading, when suddenly I felt as if a long rope-like thing, a kind of umbilical cord, was unfurling from my solar plexus. Miles and miles of it, extending as if through space, but in a downwards direction, and I was suddenly aware that Louise, my ill friend, was attached to the other end - I couldn't see her as she was too far away, but I 'knew' - and I started speaking out loud, saying, "Come back, come back, you can't leave," and tugging on the cord with all my might. Then the 'vision', or anxiety symptom, or whatever it was, faded and I was reading my book again.

I couldn't sleep at all after that. I lay awake till 4.44 (by my clock) then arose, made a mug of tea and watched last week's episode of Emma. But opening and closing doors had woken Mr Grumpy, who kindly got up to make sure I wasn't ill. I probably am. Like my friend Nic suggested, I'm probably suffering from psychosomatic stress symptoms. I know I won't rest easy in my mind until Louise starts responding to familiar voices, till she opens her eyes and looks at people. Maybe I was trying to pull her back into herself...

No comments: