Wednesday 7 October 2009

Lack-lolly, stony and skint


This was Google's Word of the Day today.

lolly (noun) Informal term for money.
Synonyms:boodle, clams, dinero, gelt, kale, lettuce, lucre, moolah, pelf, shekels, simoleons, wampum, loot, dough, bread, cabbage, sugar, scratch
Usage:Every time my grandmother comes to visit, she gives me some lolly to spend on toys and candy.


They've missed a few. Where is 'spondooliks'? And how about 'ackers'? Maybe tomorrow they'll give us the alternative words for the state one gets into when one lacks lolly, e.g. 'brassic' (alt. 'boracic'), 'stony', 'bust' and 'skint'. Because I totted up my earnings for last year - less than £10,000 due to companies such as Trojan Publishing (name and shame) not paying me (they owe me two grand), and brassic is just what I am, so now I'm going out to get Brahms and Liszt.

No comments: