Monday 26 October 2009

Day 7

Spoke to Louise's husband yesterday for the first time in days, as I thought he was angry with me for not coming down to Cornwall. He was out in his garden with friends, planting bulbs and setting seeds for next year. A wonderful, forward-looking thing to do; makes me realise I need to look to the future in some way, too. He told me for the umpteenth time that since moving to the village, he'd learned what it was to live in and have the support of a community, and yet again he pressed me to move there, too. But I couldn't now. Not without L...

My old secretary from IPC Magazines contacted me on Facebook and asked me to be her friend. We gave each other a hard time, probably because I'd had no training in how to deal with a secretary. I'd never had one before and was so used to managing on my own that I didn't know what to do with her and grew impatient, thinking she was interfering. Maybe now I'll get a chance to apologise.

No comments: