Sunday 11 October 2009

My friend Louise: the latest

She's had her brain operation and is now sedated and has been moved down Level 3 intensive care to Level 2. The medics are pleased with her progress. She is sedated but yesterday her husband thought she recognised him, or his voice. I shall get more info tonight. I feel in a strange way joined to her. Part of me is missing, away in Plymouth all wired up to drip stands and catheters. My stomach is horribly upset and so am I. That's what 'gut feelings' are all about, I suppose. Maybe our emotions are seated not in the mind, but in the stomach! I know that every flicker of fear, tension, love, humour or happiness I experience has an instant reaction in my stomach, which seems to jump to it like a soldier on permanent duty. However, that soldier had two Omeprazoles thrown at him yesterday.

No comments: