Thursday 4 September 2008

Last Days of Summer: Regent's Park




While I was in Camden, I went for an utterly blissful walk in Regent's Park and for once during this lousy summer (the light, pretty kaftans I bought two years ago have still not been worn), the sun was hot and the sky blue. Herons were basking by the lake, wings half spread so that they looked like feathery diamond shapes. The flowers were having their last blaze before withering into autumn. Sunbathers on the grass were baring as much flesh as was legally permissible. After, my friend and I went to Limoni in Regent's Park Rd, Primrose Hill, where I had the best kalamari I have ever eaten, tender, grilled, sprinkled with fresh lemon juice. In the immortal words of Michael Winner, 'it was historic'!

2 comments:

Jackie Sayle said...

Maybe next year for the kaftans, Hydra? Fingers crossed. If not, you'll have to take them to Turkey when you go.

hydra said...

Just tried to book a hol in Turkey for October but they were all booked up. My attempts to book a flight and accom in Skopelos were similarly thwarted. Suppose everyone is escaping the British rain.