Tuesday 9 September 2008

Giggles

Here's a rude version of Postman Pat that really made me laugh

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=O3Yd-0UYV-M

While you're on the page, look out for the Countdown one, too!!! Nothing beats having a laugh in this miserable weather. I'm sitting at the window watching all the soggy schoolchildren splashing down the road. Any minute now, I must join them or miss the post. Good job I have five brollies and three pairs of wellies.

We've been invaded by the biggest spiders I have ever seen. Even Flad ran away when he saw one scuttling past, making a sound like an octopus in stilettos. My last trip to the loo last night brought the hideous discovery that the drains were blocked (nothing to do with me, I hasten to add, especially as the Senacot I took hasn't worked!). The smell was revolting. I left a note for Mr G, who had retired two hours earlier. I lay awake till 2 trying not to be sick and was woken by the sound of vigorous rodding - the drains, that is. Poor Mr G, in wellies and mac. No wonder he's grumpy! When he lifted the drain cover, the mother of all monstrous arachnids was lying in wait. I fled, Flad fled, only Mr G stayed calm, probably because he was scared of moving too much in case it ran inside his welly.

2 comments:

Jackie Sayle said...

When I told Beloved that, though my Mum and my daughter are both terrified of spiders neither of them had ever exaggerated to the extent of describing any as being like 'an octopus in stilettos', he was simply tickled by the expression.

hydra said...

We know it's lurking under the sofa, to which I repaired last night when a car alarm kept me awake. But the cat's snoring still kept me awake, so then I was on red alert for those tapping stilettos!